Thursday, June 12, 2008

I guess I will take the risk of loosing some of you to heart attacks and send a little note to all of you. It is nice to be able to get a word around to each of you, all at the same time. I worry a little about the "teacher" looking over my misspelled words, punctuation errors, and poor grammar but she will just have to deal with it. I have many other shortcomings. First, 31 years IS a long time but it has gone by really fast and it only gets better. A lot has changed in this old world since your mother and I got married and those things are a big concern to us. I really don't want my first addition to this blog to be preachy or gloom and doom either so just take it for what it's worth. Every one of you are (is?) making huge and important decisions right now and I think you are doing great. It is really comforting to know and feel that each of you have your feet on a pretty firm foundation of a testimony and you know where to go to get help for the big things. Every other decision seems to be down the list if you keep and improve on that foundation. I wish sometimes that we were rich and I could help you more but I don't really think that would help. I do hope you struggle and worry a little before you make some of these big financial decisons because a little caution now could save you a lot of worries later. To quote our leaders, "BE WISE" and don't let them talk you in to something that you really can't handle. They probably don't realize that you are planning on taking 10% off the top for Tithing and we all know that it really comes to more than 10%. President Hunt is taking the next 5th Sunday to talk to each of the wards and he is really concerned about the economy. He said he is going to emphasize 4 things and they are all what the Prophet has been saying all along. #1- Pay your tithing. #2- Food Storage for 1 year. #3- Get out of debt. #4- Save some money. I don't know if they are in the proper order but I am sure that #1 is right. It is really hard to do all of those things at the same time and they can't be accomplished all in a short time. It is a life long process. But some effort and sacrifice now can sure make it easier in the future.

OK, enough of that. Mom and I are sure looking forward to the next few weeks. We are blessed beyond what we could ever imagine. It will be so good to be together and we couldn't be happier, especially for you Heather!!! Then in August I am going to check out my horse training skills on this horse of mine. He is going to be a champ. I may have to split a little time with Mom's project in that bathroom remodel but hopefully there will be time for both. Then in October it only gets better. We will be making another trip.

Anyway, it's been 31 years and it seems like a long time but you will soon realize that it flies by before you know it. And it is official, your mother is now over the hill. But I think she is probably good for another 30 or so. Hope she doesn't run me off.

Heather, you may regret now setting this up and giving me such an easy means to use to preach to all of you and in the future I will try to lighten up a little! Sure Love you all!!! Dad

8 comments:

mom said...

Oh... I got on the blog for the first time is a few days and found a happy anniversary post and even a post from your dad! Will wonders never cease. Thanks for the anniversary notes, they were sweet. Can you believe we have been married for 31 years? I can tell you that it has been great, not always easy, but the best things in life take committment and some sacrifice - and marrying your dad has been the best thing in my life, right up there with being the mom of five litttle darlings. Always know that dad and I pray for you daily, and our greatest wish for each of you is to be happy. Take heed of your dad's counsel, and know we love each of you more than words can express. Each of you is a great blessing to us. Be good and remember who you are. P.S. (by the way, I am NOT old!)

Jennifer and Jason said...

Dad it's about time. I didn't even know you could type and here you are leaving posts on a blog. Great post. Hope you and mom had a great anniversary. You have set a pretty high standard for me to live up to, and I feel like I fall short in every category but looks. I'll keep trying, and by the way your post wasn't preachy.

Heather said...

Dad, I knew you could type, just for the record. You weren't preachy, but now that we know that you CAN post, we will expect more participation from you :)

justin and sherrie said...

Good post Scott! (By the way, happy anniversary and sorry I'm late. At least this way you guys can celebrate longer, eh?) Justin's not home yet but I told him that you put a good post on. I think you and Kim did an excellent job at raising your kids because Justin was everything I was looking for and more. You just don't find people that are so honest and that have such strong testimonies as your children do these days. It's such a scary place to bring a child into. It's hard to find someone who works and is willing to work so hard to provide for us. It's also nice knowing that he doesn't want to just send our kids to some day care even if it means swimming in a few fountains scraping the bottom for change. Justin really is so humble and he has taught me that we have so much to be greatful for. Ok, enough, I'm going to cry, these hormones are out of control! Oh, and also thanks for letting me marry your best looking child. ;)

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer and Jason said...

Sherrie, I'll ignore that last sentence but just know now that you have been warned. Any other blasphemous remarks will immediately be removed. I thought you knew better than that. I'm a little disappointed in you.

Heidi said...

If Justin is the best looking of all of us I am just going to go crawl in a hole right now. That is the most depressing thing I have heard all day...maybe even all of my life. Anyway, good post dad. I am happy that you are starting to participate in the blog and I don't think you were preachy at all either. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Hi Lary said...

Ya I am with Heidi. It sure doesn't say much about our family if Justin is the best looking.....YIPES! But thanks for the advice Dad. Your post was great! A little long, but we all knew you are a talker! =). Just kidding, it was great!