Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More Updates

The blog has been dormant for the last little while so I thought I'd at least try to show some activity. First rant, and I say this as a minor tribute to Dad's b-day, is there any way to stop the damn music from busting your ears every time you get on here? What's the point anyway? Can't we just tell people what our favorite songs are and leave it at that? If not, can we make it a friendly option on our site and not compel every viewer to have a brief stroke every time they come to visit? I have Jason-Bourne-like flash-back attacks to my Junior High days, riding in the truck with my older sister, afraid for my life, in a brown chevy luv, rocking back and forth as she approaches a stop sign at the speed of light, while she alternates slamming on the gas and then the brake, all to to the rhythm of the Judds. I think the engine finally blew on that truck because, as dad would say, the damn radio was turned up too loud. In all fairness, it was a tough truck for a woman to learn to drive, but it was possible to navigate without such chaos, and all that required was to turn down the damn radio and listen to the engine purr.
On a totally unrelated note, I think we finally found a town house to buy. The only homes around here that are in our price range are all pretty old, so we are probably going the "glorified apartment" route. The one we found is 2 bed, 2 bath, comes with laundry room, 1 car garage, new carpet and wood flooring, and they repainted the whole thing. It is super clean and affordable. The loan process has been an educational roller coaster, but hopefully we're not getting screwed. So that's all for now. Consider this post a petition to the site administrator, whoever that is, to turn off the damn music. If I wanted to listen to music I'd listen to music. It is almost BYU-like to compel each visitor of our site to such mind-numbing fanfare. 

6 comments:

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

You should say nice things about the site administrator if you want the music off. I actually like it. You could also turn down the volume on your computer. I'm actually quite interested in your mortgage...I'm no expert, but I know a few things after having worked at a finance company doing loans and leases for 10 months. And my fiance is a controller and accountant; he's pretty savvy too. Call me if you want to talk shop.

Heidi said...

I like the music as well. I appreciate the BYU reference, but when all you have to do is turn the sound down, then I think the point is moot. And I also think that Hilary put a lot of time thinking of songs that would remind us of home, and we should appreciate that. Thanks Hil!

mom said...

I, too, like the music. I appreciate the sentiments it brings to my heart and mind, and I very much appreciate the site administrator! I'm excited you've found a town house. Sherrie told me today that now she will have an extra room so I can come and stay. She's so sweet.

Hi Lary said...

You're lame. Turn the sound down and stop crying about it. Those songs have sentimental value linked with them. It's also not our fault if you have no heart and don't know how to turn the sound on your computer down, or even turn the music off....
Anyway I'm excited about the house. Now if my roommates are crazy I'll just live at your house! Ha jk, but I do think I might have to crash with you for a while.....we'll chit chat about that.

Brittany said...

Justin, you are way to funny. I crack up everytime I read your posts.
Congrats on the house. That's exciting!