Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sick

I have learned some interesting news today, and it is the ONLY thing I can think about. I have been obsessed with reading news articles all day. I found out this morning that a girl that I visit taught about 6 months ago was just arrested for MURDER. First degree. I am sick just thinking about it. She is accused of murdering her ex-boyfriend, who is responsible for introducing her to the church and baptizing her. She began coming to our ward when they split, in an attempt to put some distance between them. However, they apparently were still having a bit of a relationship even after they broke up. She moved back to California, and he was found dead (stabbed with his throat slit) in his shower a couple of months ago. He was dead in his shower for several days before his roommates discovered him (another creepy detail). This girl was formally charged with his murder yesterday. I would have never in a million trillion years thought that she could be capable of something so horrific. I still can't believe it, and I'm not sure I do, though apparently the evidence is pretty overwhelming against her. Unfortunately the capacity of people to do horrible things is all too real at times. And living the gospel is critical. I suppose you just never know...but who would have ever thought I would VISIT TEACH someone who could possibly be a murderer? I hope I'm not gossiping by putting this on here. I just can't get it out of my head. I feel like I want to vomit over the whole thing. And I feel horrible for both of them and their families.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh Heather, I'm so sorry. That is absolutely crazy. Shocking acutally. I will never understand what provokes people to take such drastic measures. WOW. To think that you knew her, had been in her home. Thankfully she has been arrested. Perhaps she can get the help that she needs.

mom said...

Oh Heather - that is TERRIBLE. You never think something like that will be someone you know. I feel sorry for her family as well as his. I'm glad she never got angry at you! Hopefully she can get some help. So sad.