Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I just want to take a moment and thank you all for the compliments and set a few things straight. First of all, yes I am a tyrant. But that is what has made you all such good kids. And as for being a hypocrite, I'm sure that is true also but you need to know that it is Mom's idea that I have one so I can call if I get lost or something in Chicago. With my luck the dang thing won't work when I need it anyway. It is a camera phone so it will be useful if I want to take a picture of the cows or something. One other thing you need to know, the texting is not part of this contract so don't even try. I know what you are thinking girls. I couldn't figure out how to text anyway so what's the use, right!

Mom and I are looking forward to seeing you all through the next few weeks. There sure are some exciting things ahead for this family and we can't wait. And finally, I need to deflect a little attention from me to someone else. This is kind of a mean thing to do but I can't resist. Your mother got an application for AARP in the mail today. She is pretty excited about that. Luv ya, Dad

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Haha, yeah right dad, I was considering texting you just so you could try to figure out how to even read the thing. However, I will refrain since it did not come with the package. I'm so happy for mom. And have you started getting brochures for assisted living facilities yet?

Hi Lary said...

Take pictures of the cows! Oh dad you crack me up! It would be pretty funny to send you a text message. It would keep you entertained for awhile! And Mom congrats on the application. Embrace your age! That's the only thing you can do at this point! Ha jk I love you!

Heather said...

I think he's really serious about taking pictures of the cows.