Sunday, March 30, 2008

My 'moment'

So I had an experience the other day that I wanted to share. Since I don't write in my journal very faithfully, I think this is the next best thing. Anyway, so at my clinicals the other day I got sent to an ICU floor. This is the first time that I have done any kind of critical care, and I was not quite sure what to expect. I was also very skeptical that I would like it at all. But I got assigned a patient to take care of and a nurse to work with, and it actually turned out to be one of my favorite rotations so far. The lady I got assigned to take care of was a quadriplegic who had been hit by a drunk driver. She was 52 years old and she was a beautiful woman w/ a beautiful family. Anyway, she had a great attitude and she was awesome. And then later I was on a run and I was thinking about her and how thankful I was to even be able to run, even if it is in the heat. I was thinking about how I have no right to complain about anything. I know that Mesa is ugly and hot, but the sunsets are gorgeous and the orange blossoms smell great right now. Anyway, I guess it was just such a great 'count your many blessings' moment and I just wanted you all to know that I am so thankful to be a part of this family. I love you all and I am grateful for everything you have taught me. So, enough of this sentimental stuff! Have a good day!

3 comments:

Hi Lary said...

Oh man Heidi that is really crazy! I bet that it is humbling to get to work with that woman. I am grateful that you are part of our family too! We love you! Well, I do, I can't really speak for the others, but I am willing to bet that they would back me up on this!

Scott said...

Heidi, thanks for sharing your moment. It made me stop and realize how blessed I am. I read one time a thought from a general authority, I don't remeber which one, but he said we should have gratitude for ALL THINGS, the good and the bad. Of course the good is easy to be grateful for, but the bad makes us stronger and teaches us so much. Question?? how do I post a new blog? Your mother is so computer illiterate. I'm glad you are in this family. Remember you were the answer to our prayers. Love ya!

Heather said...

This is so fun to hear what you all are doing and thinking about. I am grateful you all are part of our family too :) Mom, when you're looking at our blog, in the top right hand corner it says "New Posts". Click on that and it will take you to the page to post something new.