Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hello Hello!

Hey family! I haven't really blogged much these past few weeks, mostly because I have absolutely nothing to share. However, after reading the extremely pointless (although still enjoyable) posts of my siblings, I have decided to blog once more.
I really don't have much to say. School is ending, and I am both sad and extremely happy. I will be glad to see the end of this semester of classes, but I love my roommates and will be sad to leave them. But I am also very excited to come home, so needless to say there are a lot of emotions flowing in me right now.....not like there isn't always a lot of emotions flowing inside of me, but still.
I do have some news for you. Today in my ward I played a special number. I was part of a trio where I played the piano, a girl in my ward played the flute and another boy played the clarinet. It was an arrangement to "If You Could High To Colob". It was pretty, but honestly that has never been one of my favorites anyway, so it wasn't that great. I was very nervous because I am not the best pianist in the world, but I did pretty good until the very last page (of course) and I completely lost my spot and messed up. It was so embarrassing and I was shaking like a leaf and I was turning red and it was horrible. I am not being dramatic....it was bad. I felt like the biggest loser! But.....it's over now so oh well! I have learned something from this, and that is to never tell anyone that you can play the piano! It's not worth it!
So that is about all that is happened to me. I know, I have a boring life! But I would love to go to the Valley that weekend, I also want to go to El Paso Mom, so we need to chit chat. I love you all and hope you are doing well! Pray for me and my finals! I definitely need them!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm sure it was much worse to you than anyone else, and by now everyone has probably forgotten! Please don't quit playing! I promise it will get easier. Good luck with finals! It will be fun to see you! (How's THAT for using exclamation marks!)

mom said...

Hil, don't worry about the special number. I remember playing in a school program one time and when I hit the last cord it was horrendous! I have blown it many times and worried myself sick. Since then I have decided that if others could do a better job, they were welcome to it. I've had to tell myself hundreds of times that I'm doing my best, and I'm doing it to serve the Lord. He knows my heart and knows my offering to Him is done with love. EVERYONE makes mistakes and we learn and grow from them. I would bet that it was much worse to you than to anyone els. Shake it off and keep playing -- it will bless your life, I promise. Hope you can come to the valley in May. talk to you soon. love mom