Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quick Update

Hey everyone I just wanted to update you all.. We had a doctors appt with the boys today. Tallin can hear yea!!! Both his hears looked great so I don't know what was up at school but I am happy that he has no problems. As far as Colt goes there is a still a huge hole in his eardrum but it's not infected anymore so that is good. His hearing in that ear is not great now but when or if the hole heals his hearing could be fine. So far it hasn't healed at all on its own. We have to go back in 3 months to get it checked again if it doesn't heal on its own then he will have to have surgery in a few years when he is about 4. Hopefully it will heal and we won't have to worry about it. They gave us these earplugs "ear putty" to put in his ear when we swim and stuff and I already know that is going to be a huge problem and not going to be fun but we will do it.
Other then that we are doing good as always. Hope everyone is doing good. Love you all! Have a good day and smile :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

That is good news! I thought maybe the school was a little bit crazy. Hopefully Colt's ears will start to heal also. Maybe now that the infection is cleared up it will happen on its own. Thanks for updating us! Love you guys!

Heidi said...

Well that is good to hear about Tallin. That is a little weird that they kept getting that result at the school. I know a lot of times when kids can't hear and stuff they are slow to start talking and Tallin is definitely a little chatter box and always has been, so it really didn't add up. Good luck w/ the earplugs w/ Colt. I miss you guys tons! I was trying to get off work this weekend to come visit but I can't get anyone to cover my shifts so it looks like it is good ole mesa again! Anyway, thanks for the update! Love ya mucho!

Hi Lary said...

Oh that is good to hear! I am way glad that everything is ok with Tal. I hope Colt heals too! He should though! Good luck with the earplugs! You guys will think of some way to get him to wear them! And I am way excited to come also! I can't wait! Love you guys tons!

*Ash said...

Hey Hall fam!! I didn't know you guys had a blog! I just found ya on Brittany's blog. Anyway, I don't want to crash the fam. blog but I just wanted to say hey to everyone! And congrats to Sherrie and Justin!! That's exciting! And Heidi...someday I'll talk to you! =(